Belonging to the sporting breed group, Sussex Spaniels are low built, calm and cordial but highly endured species. The golden-liver hued furs are the most aesthetic part of their appearance. A balanced diet influences every single facet of their specific features, especially for puppies. The young Sussex Spaniels need a higher protein intake as compared to the adult ones in order to facilitate their healthy growth.
However, for the owners who have quite a few doubts regarding the choice of food for their young Sussex Spaniels, we have come up with an informative and worthwhile review of five best puppy food for Sussex Spaniels.
Best Puppy Foods for Sussex Spaniels
Here are our puppy foods for Sussex Spaniels reviews
This dry dog food by Purina Pro Plan is rich with DHA filled fish oil accelerating the cognitive development of your young Sussex Spaniel. The Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Chicken and rice formula dry dog food is an ideal choice for the puppies younger than one year as it contains the required amount of calcium and phosphorus for the growth of strong teeth and bones while maturing. The lean chicken provides enough protein to maintain their endurance.
- Easily digestible by virtue of prebiotic fiber
- Omega 6 fatty acids for healthier skin and glowing fur.
- With no added colour, flavor or preservatives
Having real meat and garden-fresh vegetables and fruits as its first ingredients, the Blue Buffalo life protection formula puppy chicken and brown rice recipe dry dog food provides one of the best nutrition-rich diets to your Sussex Spaniel. Prior to that, it has small kibbles called Life Source Bits packed with antioxidants for their essential development and growth.
- Small-sized kibbles for relatively smaller jaws of the young Sussex Spaniels impeding tartar.
- Contains Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids for healthier skin and furs.
- Holds the required amount of DHA and ARA for the proper development of the brain and eyes.
The balanced diet essence of the Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy Formula Grain-free Dry Dog Food has put it in the list of one of the best puppy foods for Sussex Spaniels. The ingredients constitute protein-rich salmon for required growth. Natural antioxidants and prebiotic fiber from fresh vegetables and fruits and dry chicory roots support healthy digestion.
- Does not contain grains, corn, wheat, artificial flavors, colour or preservatives that are most likely to develop allergy among young Sussex Spaniels.
- Salmon as the primary ingredient
- Omega 3 & Omega 6 for better hair quality and healthier skin.
Slow roasted chicken with lessened moisture as its primary ingredient makes the Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Natural Real Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe dry dog food an apt choice for Sussex Spaniel puppies. With plenty of protein and wholesome fruits and vegetables, this dry dog food facilitates their digestion process. Its ingredients also consist of cranberries, a rich source of Vitamin C, for boosting their immune systems.
- DHA containing fish meal develops their brain and improves their vision.
- Omega fatty acid bestows healthier skin and glowing furs.
- Excludes poultry by-products, artificial colours, flavors or preservatives.
With a toothsome chicken meal and nutritious barley, the Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food is a perfect option for puppy food for Sussex Spaniels. This specialized diet for puppies up to 1-year is equipped with wholesome ingredients for the healthy growth of young Sussex Spaniels focusing on brain, eye and muscle development.
- Contains highly digestible natural ingredients.
- High-quality fish oil with natural DHA content for a healthier brain, eye and skeleton.
- Antioxidants and Vitamin E & C in its ingredients boost their immune system.
Puppy Food for Sussex Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
The negligence of owners towards food requirements of young Sussex Spaniels can cause irreversible harm to their pets even after maturing. Being a medium-sized dog, it is easier to select an appropriate food option for Sussex Spaniels. However, you still need to take care of certain specifications for their food. The following factors should be kept in mind while opting puppy food for Sussex Spaniels.
The first thing one looks for while making a purchase is a budget-friendly deal. Take care that you do not compromise with the quality of the product in this search as it will affect the health of your Sussex Spaniel puppies in this growing age. Furthermore, you can avail the discounts provided by the seller.
A balanced diet is required for healthier growth of your Sussex Spaniel. The products with an animal-based protein source are preferable. The puppies require protein-rich food much more than the adult ones in order to facilitate their healthy development. The ingredients should have low-fat content, high fiber and a large sum of dry matter. A stronger teeth growth and skeletal development require the ingredients to have a good amount of calcium.
Although the puppies require a good amount of calories every day, you should make sure that your Sussex Spaniel is not overweight due to high risk of hip dysplasia in them. Their ideal weight ranges from 10-15 kgs and a healthy Sussex Spaniel does not have its ribs visible.
Secondary bacterial infections in-ears are typical of Sussex Spaniels due to their large ears. But your puppy could be allergic to a certain type of herb or spice in the food. You must take this into consideration before opting your Sussex Spaniel’s food.
Wet and dry food
There is no hard and fast rule for selecting the type of food for your Sussex Spaniel. However, dry food is preferable for the young ones as they are required to intake enough calories and dry food has higher calorie-density. You will need to feed your Sussex Spaniel with a larger amount of wet food as compared to dry food in order to nourish them with enough calories.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Sussex Spaniels