Those of you who love to pet smaller doggies would love to adopt a West Highland White Terrier. The West Highland White Terriers are one of the most adorable and playful dogs you will ever pet. These dogs love to run around and play with you for hours; in fact, they require roughly 30 minutes of work out daily. When these dogs are in their growing stage, i.e., their puppyhood, they require rich levels of nutrients to get through this stage.
Pet owners, who are unaware of the puppy food that will be suitable for West Highland White Terriers, usually end up buying food that causes severe health issues. If you are interested in knowing more about the puppy food that will suit you the best, we suggest you read further.
Best Puppy Foods for West Highland White Terriers
Here are our puppy foods for West Highland White Terriers reviews.
1. Royal Canin Small Puppy Food
Royal Canin’s Small Puppy Dry Dog Food has been specially formulated for small breed dogs like the West Highland White Terriers. This puppy food helps your West Highland White Terrier get through his dynamic puppyhood with a lot of ease, and it ensures that your pup stays fit.
- It provides your West Highland White Terrier with an intensifies energy content, which helps him get through with his puppyhood.
- Contains rich levels of antioxidants which help your West Highland White Terrier to fight against the potential diseases and disorders
- Suitable for puppies under ten months, which usually weigh between 9-22 pound
2. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Puppy Food
Wellness CORE has been formulated to have a rich level of protein, vitamin, minerals, and antioxidants so that your West Highland White Terrier can utilize this energy to a maximum level during his puppyhood and stay fit. This chicken and turkey recipe contains precise calories and DHA, which ensures that your pet pal has a healthy cognitive development.
- Does not contain food allergens such as soy, wheat, corn, or poultry by-products
- Coated with probiotics to enhance the digestive system
- Contains optimal levels of calcium and phosphorus for proper development of bones
3. American Journey Puppy Dry Dog Food
American Journey has formulated an all-rounder diet for your West Highland White Terrier. It provides him with a wholesome diet enriched with several natural nutrients, which entails proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants phytonutrients, fruits, vegetables, and a lot more. This puppy food also contains considerable omega fatty acids in the form of DHA, which is sourced from salmon oil and flaxseed.
- Improves the vision and cognitive ability of your West Highland White Terrier
- Contains fiber-rich elements such as chickpeas and sweet potatoes
4. Merrick Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food
Merrick has formulated classic puppy food, which contains a considerably rich protein level, which allows your West Highland White Terrier to develop his muscles well and grow into a sturdy, active dog. To be exact, 60 % of the diet consists of protein and healthy fat. The remaining 40% has antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and other natural ingredients.
- Does not contain food allergens like corn, wheat, soy, or poultry by-products
- Contains deboned chicken as its first ingredient
- Contains DHA to build a stronger nervous system as your pup grows
5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Natural Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
Rachael Ray Nutrish has formulated a puppy food, which can be a considerable choice for your West Highland White Terrier, as it contains real chicken as its first ingredient. The chicken morsel is lightly roasted to give a scrumptious taste and to remove any moisture. The food also contains fruits, vegetables, vitamins, and other dietary essentials to provide healthy digestive and immune response.
- Contains DHA for better mental health
- Features a simple recipe which can be digested easily
- Cooked in the USA
Puppy Food for West Highland White Terrier Buyer’s Guide
Like any other small breed dog, West Highland White Terriers require a large number of nutrients during their puppyhood to favor their fast growth. These dogs do not have a gradual and steady growth period like the large dogs; instead their puppyhood phase is comparatively shorter. During this phase, you must opt for the right puppy food that provides your West Highland White Terrier with precise nutrients.
Although we discussed some of the best puppy foods available in the market, we understand that you might be thinking about what made us pick these puppy foods for your West Highland White Terrier puppy. Well, to answer your queries, we have shared our buyer’s guide with you, we hope you will have a better idea once you read it.
You are well aware that your West Highland White Terrier is a small breed dog. You might have noticed that there are several puppy foods in the market, which has mentioned that they are specifically for large breed puppies. This often happens that pet owners of smaller breed dogs buy this food, thinking that these foods will provide the extra nutrition, which will boost their puppy’s health. However, that is not the case, and it will only increase the chances of your West Highland White Terrier to become obese. You should try going for those dog foods which are either specifically for your dog’s breed or the one which is generalized for all.
You should always read the label to check the amount of kibble that you are supposed to feed your West Highland White Terrier, as it is always mentioned theirs. You should divide the meals into two or three equal portions to avoid overfeeding your West Highland White Terrier.
It is important that most of the portion of your West Highland White Terrier’s diet is covered with protein as it is the main source for the growth and development of your West Highland White Terrier. However, the presence of the following ingredients is seen as a plus, as they help in developing a healthier immune response and also make it easier for your pup to digest food.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
While buying puppy food for your West Highland White Terrier, you should always check that the label is showing that the formula has been approved by recognized organizations like FDA and AAFCO. This lets you know that the food you are planning to pick, does not contain any food allergens, and has a higher percentage of natural and organic ingredients.
- How Much Does A West Highland White Terrier Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for West Highland White Terriers
- Best Training Book for West Highland White Terriers