In our guide, we’ll review the leading reflective dog leashes available, and showcase the best features of each. Our buyer’s guide will help simplify product selection and hopefully inspire you to be out and active with your dog, even if it’s dusk or later.
Best Reflective Dog Leashes
Here are our reflective dog leash reviews.
The Max and Neo Reflective Nylon Dog Leash is high quality and durable nylon leash. It has a padded neoprene handle for extra comfort while using it. It comes in two widths, in lengths of either 4’ or 6’.
- Reflective stitching for visibility
- For every leash purchased, one is donated to a shelter or rescue
- Lifetime warranty that even covers chewing damage
The Blueberry Pet 9 is designed with a wide reflective thread that runs the length of the leash. It comes in a 4’ or 5’ length, with widths of ⅝”, ¾”, or 1”. Available in a variety of colors to suit your taste.
- Leashes have matching collars available for purchase
- Easily cleaned, the leashes are machine washable
- 3M reflective thread stitched into the polyester body of the leash
The ladoogo 5 FT Heavy Duty Dog Leash is a heavy-duty round leash that comes in a two-pack. It is made with a super comfortable foam handle to eliminate strain and rope burns. Five-foot length is available in either 0.3” diameter for dogs up to 18 pounds, or 0.5” diameter for dogs up to 120 pounds.
- Highly reflective thread spirals the entire length of the leash
- Durable construction from rock climbing rope
- 360-degree tangle-free design features a rustproof swivel hook
The iYoShop Strong Dog Leash is a super durable leash made from high-density nylon rope. It is designed for medium to large dogs with its ½” thick rope and metal clasp. It can safely restrain dogs up to 150 pounds.
- Highly reflective threads used in the leash provide optimal visibility
- 360-degree tangle-free swivel attaches to any collars D-ring
- Made from top quality material, yet still affordable
The Bolux 5ft Dog Leash is a heavy-duty leash with padded handles. The two handles provide additional control in dangerous or training situations. The leash is 5 feet long and available in a wide variety of colors.
- Reflective stitching forms line the full length of the leash
- Two handles, one at the end, and one a foot from the collar
- Additional D-ring near the far handle for a light, or the included waste bag holder
The Illumiseen LED Dog Leash is a super bright illuminated leash that is visible no matter the light level. It has a self-contained rechargeable battery and includes a USB charging cable. Well constructed 4’ or 6’ model has the durability to last a lifetime.
- Steady, rapid flash or slow flash mode ensure visibility in day or night
- 5 hours of light per 1 hour charge
- Lifetime guarantee, no catches
The Mycicy Rope Dog Leash is an ultra-strong braided rope leash. Made from mountain climbing rope, it has a tensile strength of 1000 pounds. The padded handle provides a strain-free grip, even while walking a powerful puller.
- Reflective stitching throughout for increased visibility
- Heavy-duty safety lock catch
- Perfect for any size dog, from small and medium, to large breed
The Chai’s Choice Reflective Outdoor Adventure Dog Leash is a padded soft mesh leash. It is available in two lengths, 44” and 78”, and two widths, 1” and 0.8”. Ergonomically designed for optimal comfort.
- 3M reflective material provides visibility and safety at night
- Duraflex leash attachment give this leash a high tensile strength for large dogs
- Wide variety of colors to choose from
The Blueberry Pet 6 is a nylon webbing leash with a comfy handle. It is available in a 4’ and 5’ length, the 4’ is 1” wide, and the 5’ comes in both a ⅝” and ¾” width. The leash has a spinning snap at the end for twist-free use.
- 3M reflective threads stitched into the nylon webbing
- The leash is easily cleaned and machine washable
- Comes in six colors to fit your preferences
The Vivaglory Dog Leash is a tightly webbed nylon leash. It has a comfortable neoprene padded handle. The 360-degree rotating clasp prevents twisting and ensures your dog won’t get tangled in the leash.
- Luminous reflective threading throughout the full length gives super high visibility
- Eight size variants available from a 3 foot long and ⅗” wide, up to 6 foot long and 1” wide
- Designed with a D-ring near the handle for waste bags, clip light, or other accessories
Reflective Dog Leash Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a reflective dog leash, you should consider your dog’s size, their training level, and whether or not your dog pulls or lunges.
Your dog’s size will play a major role in the leash you choose. Large dogs will often need a thicker or wider leash. A thinner leash will also work just fine if your dog is large but well trained to not pull or lunge. If you have a medium or large dog that will occasionally lunge at a bird, squirrel, or simply out of excitement, you will also want to make sure you pick a leash that is wide enough to mitigate that force.
Another factor to consider is your dog’s current level of training or obedience. This will determine the length of leash you choose, and if any other safety measures are needed. If your dog is still in the training stage, you will likely want a shorter length, in order to not only keep them safer, but to manage training techniques like keeping them at heel, and so on. If your dog is already familiar with and used to these behaviors, you can choose a longer leash in order to give them more freedom to roam, with the confidence of knowing that if you need them to come back to heel, they will obey your signal rather than having to use the leash to pull them back the extra distance. This also figures into the width or thickness of the leash you choose. If your dog is more obedient and does not display any lunging behavior, you can choose a more lightweight or thinner leash, knowing that they won’t stress test the stitching by pulling or lunging at something.
Reflective Dog Leash Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped to take some of the confusion out of choosing the best reflective dog leash. As long as you take into account the size and behavior of the dog you’ll be putting on the end of it, you can be sure of your choice of a leash, and be able to walk your furry friend in low light conditions with confidence.