The retractable leash was made for many purposes, one of which is that you can choose what length you want to walk at. It also resolves the knotting and tangling problem by pulling the excess leash that usually gets tangled back into the holster. Below are the best retractable dog leashes available today.
Best Retractable Dog Leashes
Here are our retractable dog leash reviews.
The Tug Retractable Dog Leash is made with the highest quality of nylon ribbon, guaranteeing a long lasting leash. The lead extends up to sixteen feet out, more than enough for casual walkers, and has the brake in easy reach of your thumb for less scrambling during a walk. The handle is designed to be smooth against the palm of your hand.
- Nylon ribbon is of good quality and sturdy for repeatedly retracting during walks
- Extends up to sixteen feet for the dogs who like to wander
- Handle design is comfy and fits easily in your hand, non slip lowers risk of dropping
The TaoTronics Retractable Dog Leash extends to sixteen feet at its longest, making it great for walks to the dog park or casual walkers. The leash handles dogs of any size up to one hundred and ten pounds, perfect for any breed of pooch you have. The break and lock is built into one easy to reach button, placed for you to easily press on walks.
- Sixteen feet extension is great for casual walks or play time
- Leash handles all dog breeds up to one hundred and ten pounds
- The locking button is in easy reach and doesn’t require mass pressure to push
The Hertzko Retractable Dog Leash is made from all high quality materials to ensure a heavy duty dog leash for the worst of pullers. The retractable ribbon is made from the best and sturdiest nylon for a long lasting and tough dog leash. The locking mechanism is easy to trigger and holds your leash length no matter how much your dog tugs.
- High quality materials for a heavy duty leash, great for pullers
- Ribbon is heavy duty nylon for rub resistant leash, needs replacing less
- Lock is easy to set in place and your dog won’t tug it loose
The Fida Retractable Dog Leash is made for even the worst of pulling dogs, made with heavy duty materials such as polyester to ensure its durability. The leash is completely tangle free with the hand brake within easy reach of your thumb for convenience on walks. The leash is lined with reflective stitching to ensure safer night walks.
- Heavy duty leash is made from the strongest materials, such as polyester
- Completely tangle free, hand brake in easy reach of thumb
- Lined with reflective stitching on leash for safer walks
The URPOWER Retractable Dog Leash is made with sturdy nylon ribbon, built to not erode after many retracts, and is great for dogs up to one hundred and ten pounds. The leash is anti tangle, and has a comfortable grip for you to use for hours without chaffing your hand. The brake and lock are in one button and in easy reach of your thumb while walking.
- Made from sturdy nylon to ensure durability and long lasting use
- Anti tangle with comfy grip for hours of use
- Lock is close to your thumb for easy reach while on walks
The Triton Retractable Dog Leash is made with reinforced nylon that stretches out to sixteen feet lead at its longest for casual walks. The leash comes with a collapsible dog bowl for your convenience and your dog’s health while out on walks. The handle has rubber built into it for your hands comfort while gripping and to make it anti slip for your peace of mind.
- Reinforced nylon to make the leash sturdy and erosion resistant
- Comes with collapsible dog bowl for your walking ease
- Built in rubber allows for comfy grip and anti slip for long walks
The Flexi Retractable Dog Leash is unique in the fact it extends all the way to twenty six feet, over double the average of twelve feet. The leash supports any dog breed up to one hundred and ten pounds, great for most dog breeds. The leash is made from the sturdiest of materials to guarantee the best possible leash for your pooch.
- It extends to twenty six feet, double the average twelve feet
- Supports dogs up to one hundred and ten pounds, covers most dog breeds
- Sturdiest materials used in making the leash for best quality
The WIGZI Retractable Dog Leash is a dual lead, allowing you to walk two dogs at the same time for owners with multiple puppies. The leash can hold up to fifty pounds per lead, great for small and medium breed dogs but no larger. Both of the leads have reflective material interwoven for safer walks, for both you and your pup.
- Dual lead design is great for owners of more than once dog
- Fifty pounds per lead, great for small or medium breeds but no larger
- Both leads have reflective material for safer night walks
The Ruff ‘n Ruffus Retractable Dog Leash is made to be both comfortable on your hand for long walks and sturdy for long years of use. With one button control it is easy to use while out walking, the small distance is perfect for thumb to press while on walks. With extra strength nylon, this leash is made for chewers and tuggers alike.
- Comfortable on your hand, sturdy for long usage without wearing down
- Single button for brake and locking, easy reach of your thumb
- Extra strength nylon for durability and anti-wear and tear
The Pet Magasin Retractable Dog Leash is made to cover all of your walking needs, made from the highest quality of materials throughout. The handle is anti slip and comfortable for you to hold for hours long use. This leash is made for small to medium breeds, with a forty pound capacity for pulling, anything past that will break the lead.
- All around great dog leash, covers all areas of concern while walking
- Anti slip handle, comfortable for long walks without chaffing
- Forty pound capacity for tugging dogs, no more than that
Retractable Dog Leash Buying Guide
Now that you have seen some of the options available on the market, I will go over some things you should know before purchasing your leash. Two of the most important things to watch for when you buy are the maximum weight capacity on the leash and the material of the lead itself. Some leashes only extend to twelve feet or even less in some cases and if your dog likes to wander ahead this won’t be the best choice. If you don’t check the product description before purchasing you may be stuck with a leash that is too short for your pup. The material is important for obvious reasons.
The problem with a retractable leash is that if the lead isn’t sturdy enough, it will wear down and break quickly thanks to the constant rubbing from retracting. The most common material in heavy duty leads is nylon thanks to its sturdy and stretchy quality. The degree of density in the nylon will also dictate just how strong it is, so when buying be sure to go down to the product information and see just how durable that nylon is. Now that we’ve gone over that I will go over a few terms or features that are nice to have.
A double lead leash is excellent for pet owner with more than one dog. However it is virtually useless for single dog owners. If you are running a dog walking business this is a massive help as it allows more than one dog to be walked at once.
Having reflective lining in the lead is an excellent security measure. Reflective material in any type of clothing item allows for safer walks, especially if you are walking at night when you are less visible to drivers. While you get the best safety increase at night, reflective fabric works great in the daytime as well.