Most people hear Salmon and immediately think only cats will love it, they are completely incorrect, dogs enjoy it just as much as their feline counterparts. However you may be asking, how do I know which dog food brands to choose from, there are quite a few after all with Salmon flavoring. Below I have listed ten Salmon flavored dog foods that outshine all others for both price and quality.
Best Salmon Dog Food
Here are our salmon dog food reviews.
The Purina Pro Plan SAVOR dog food is made with the highest quality of ingredients, real salmon is the main ingredient with additional proteins added for your pup’s health. The guaranteed live probiotics are perfect for supporting your dog’s digesting and boosting their immune health. On top of Salmon, this food has natural prebiotic fibers and rice for additional benefits.
- Highest quality of ingredients for your dog’s best health choice
- Probiotics are great for digestive help and boosting immune system
- Natural prebiotic fibers added to rice make for great health benefits all around
The Natural Balance dog food is made with limited ingredients to best cater to dogs with sensitive digestive systems or allergies. By using Salmon as the main ingredient and then adding in the natural fiber promotes healthy and easy digestion. The recipe is grain free and has no added potentially harmful artificial flavors.
- Food is great for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs
- Salmon and additional fibers make for a great food that promotes digestion
- Grain free with no added harmful artificial flavors or preservatives
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Flavored dog food is made to give your pup the best protein and vitamins in every bowl full. This food contains the highest quality of natural ingredients with no chicken by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives. The food is also grain free, instead using sweet potatoes and peas for your dog’s carbohydrates.
- All ingredients combine to offer high protein and vitamins to your dog
- All ingredients are natural with no harmful additives or by-products
- Grain free, using sweet potatoes and peas in their place for a natural food
The Nature’s Recipe Salmon flavored dog food has a carefully combined recipe of Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, and Pumpkin to offer your dog the best protein and nutrient combo. The food is all natural with added vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The food has no added corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meal, artificial colors or flavors.
- Recipe is specially made with Salmon, Sweet Potatoe and Pumpkin for your pet’s health
- Ingredients are all natural with additional vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- No added corn, wheat, soy, by-products, artificial colors or flavors
The CANIDAE is made with Salmon and limited other ingredients for your dog’s best health, great for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. The food is grain free for your dog’s health, lowering the risk of allergic or negative reactions. CANIDAE dog food comes in six flavors for your choosing: Bison, Chicken, Duck, Lamb, Salmon and Wild Boar.
- Great Salmon dog food for allergies or sensitive stomachs
- Grain free to better assist in digestion while lowering risk of an allergic reaction
- Comes in wide variety of flavors and sizes, for puppy or adult dogs
The CRAVE Salmon dog food is made with Salmon and various other ocean fish to give your dog the best protein and all natural food. No soy, wheat, corn or by-products are used in the food, guaranteeing a healthy meal in every bowl. The food comes in four flavors for your picky eater: Beef, Chicken, Lamb and Venison, and Salmon and Ocean Fish.
- Salmon and other ocean fish are main ingredients for best protein results
- No soy, wheat, corn or by-products for the best nutritional value
- Four flavors of high quality food for your picky eater
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Salmon and Sweet Potatoe dog food is made with your dog’s best health in mind, with real Salmon as the main ingredient. To lower risk of allergic reaction this food has no gluten or grain, natural meat and vegetables are substituted. As well as the above, the food has no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
- Real Salmon as main ingredient with added natural ingredients for best health
- Lower risk of allergic reactions with no gluten or grain in food
- No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives for a healthy dog food
The Taste of the Wild Smoked Salmon dog food is made with the highest quality protein, real salmon in addition to fruits and vegetables for the healthiest dog food. For lower risk of allergic reactions, this food contains no soy, wheat, grain, fillers or artificial ingredients. The fatty acids, vitamins, nutrients, and minerals combine to protect your dog’s muscles, skin and fur.
- Real salmon, fruits and vegetables combine to form great protein food
- No soy, wheat, grain, filler or artificial ingredients for healthier dog food
- The food is an all around skin, fur and muscle booster for your dog
The Diamond Naturals Salmon Dog Food is made with your dog’s best health in mind, besides the real salmon as main ingredient, this food has natural vegetables for healthy food. This food is hypoallergenic for those dogs with sensitive stomachs or have allergies. To better lower risk of allergies, this food has no soy, wheat, grain or artificial ingredients.
- Real Salmon, vegetables and other ingredients used for best quality
- Hypoallergenic ingredients make for perfect food for sensitive stomachs
- No artificial or potentially harmful ingredients, all natural and healthy
The Zignature Trout and Salmon Dog Food is made from only the highest quality of ingredients with the fish being caught from the Northwestern United States. The food is grain free and high in omega three fatty acids, protecting your dog’s coat and health. Containing no soy, wheat, dairy, corn, chicken, or by products for your dog’s best food.
- Highest quality of fish used in production, Salmon and Trout caught in the United States
- Grain free and high in omega three acids for better health
- No soy, wheat, dairy, corn, chicken, or by products for highest quality food
Salmon Dog Food Buying Guide
Now that you’ve seen our recommendations for Salmon flavored dog foods, I will begin to explain some of the terms you saw in the above listings. When purchasing your dog’s food keep in mind what type of ingredients are in it and always read the small print for hidden additives.
This is something that is a bonus when you are looking for your dog’s food. The less ingredients there are, the more assured you can be that there are no ugly additives or artificial ingredients. However, even if the dog food says it has limited ingredients, be sure to check the package thoroughly for where it lists the ones used. If you are unfamiliar with a name, look it up. Your dog’s health is your top priority.
This is an extremely important feature if you have an elderly pooch or one who is prone to allergies. The term Hypoallergenic is used across many different product types and lines. It basically means something that is designed to lower risk of allergies acting up. A Hypoallergenic dog bed repels the allergens in the air, while a Hypoallergenic dog food has ingredients that are less likely to cause a reaction.
This is another bonus when looking for your pet’s food, although not many dog foods are completely all natural. If the bag advertises for all natural you should still be sure to find the ingredients list. If everything on the list is in fact all natural then there is little to no risk of allergic reactions and it is healthier all around for your dog. Even if your dog isn’t easily allergic to certain foods, this feature is great because any dog breed needs extra nutrients and vitamins in their diets.