In our guide, we will show you the best salmon oil supplements for your dog, and the benefits and features of each. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing the best one for your dog, and motivate you to provide the best supplement to optimize your dog’s health.
Best Salmon Oil for Dogs
Here are our salmon oil for dogs reviews.
Pure Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs from Zesty Paws is a liquid supplement, in a convenient pump bottle. It can be easily mixed in with wet or dry food for a tasty addition. It is a great, no-mess alternative to oil caps, treats or chews.
- Contains high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA, and DHA
- Helps promote healthy skin, coat, and joints
- Wild salmon sourced oil encourages a healthy immune system and cardiovascular system
Grizzly All-Natural Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Oil Dog Food Supplement is sourced only from wild-caught Alaskan salmon, owing to their nutrient-rich foraging environment. It contains up to 40% more Omega-3 content than farm-raised salmon oil. For easy dispensing, it comes in an airtight bottle with a medical-grade pump top.
- Contains a balanced blend of Omega-3, EPA, and DHA
- Supports a healthy immune system, organs, cognition, vision, nerves, and skin & coat
- Member of the NASC, so all ingredients leave as small of an eco-footprint as possible and are ethically sourced
Salmon Oil for Dogs from Vital Pet Life contains 100% all-natural wild Alaskan salmon oil. It is also 100% made in the USA. It is formulated with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
- May help to reduce allergic symptoms like itching and flaking, by moisturizing the skin
- Promotes a shiny coat with a healthy softness
- Omega-3 components help to reduce inflammation associated with arthritis
Pure Paw Nutrition Salmon Oil for Dogs has only one ingredient, 100% pure wild-caught Alaskan salmon oil. It is packaged in a luxury, recyclable bottle that won’t leak in transport. It will improve the appearance, texture, and overall health of your dog’s coat
- Additive and preservative-free, BPA free, mercury-free
- Luxury, eco-friendly bottle
- Unaltered fish smell and taste for your dog’s enjoyment
Paws & Pals Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs is a premium high-quality oil. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, and also Omega-6. The oil is sourced from fish caught with responsible and environmentally safe methods.
- Fatty acids contained in this formula support joint, skin, immune, and heart health
- Salmon oil is also a great source of biotin, a B-vitamin that improves skin, coat, and nail health
- Contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
Zesty Paws Pure Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil with Hemp for Dogs contains all the benefits of pure salmon oil, plus hemp for additional nutrients and Omegas. The advanced formula contains Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, with EPA and DHA. It can be used on any breed or size of dog.
- Refined virgin hemp seed oil provided full-spectrum support
- Omega-rich formulation promotes a healthy coat, heart, and immune system
- Fatty acid content may help relieve hip and joint inflammation
NaturVet Omega-Gold Plus Salmon Oil comes in convenient soft chews. The tasty treats come in a resealable jar to retain freshness. The oil in the chews helps to keep the skin and coat healthy.
- The chews are a source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids
- Wheat free, NASC and cGMP compliant
- Helps support healthy skin, and a shiny coat
Iceland Pure Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Salmon Oil For Dogs is created with only high-potency Norwegian salmon oil. It uses natural methods for removing virtually all toxins and heavy metals, to the point where it can be declared toxin-free. A convenient pump top bottle ensures no messes.
- Ultrafiltered to reduce the fish smell, but retain the fish taste dogs love
- Packaged in an eco-friendly aluminum bottle, a great alternative to plastic
- High in EPA and DHA, both essential for cardiovascular and overall health
Grizzly Omega Health for Dogs is an oil derived from a wild salmon and pollock blend. It has a rich taste that dogs absolutely love. The convenient pump top eliminates messes.
- Grizzly is NASC certified and FDA approved
- Promotes healthy skin, coat, eyes, organs, and immune system
- High levels of EPA and DHA
SavvyBeast Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil for Dogs is a nearly odor-free fish oil supplement. It will not produce bad breath or diarrhea as some other oils can do. The formulation uses a unique process to ensure it is toxin-free.
- High in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, EPA-186, and DHA-169
- Salmon is caught naturally on the Alaskan coast and bottled in the USA
- Helps relieve itchy skin and joint pain
Salmon Oil for Dogs Buyer’s Guide
When considering a salmon oil supplement for your dog, there are a couple factors to take into account, such as whether you prefer oil or chews, and if oil, what size is appropriate.
Salmon oil supplements are available in both bottles of pure oil, and treats or chews containing the oil. The benefit to using the chews, is that there is virtually no mess, and they can be administered anywhere without needing to add to food. The downside is that the potency of the oil is diminished by using a treat or chew to contain it.
Using a pure oil has its advantages, namely the purity and potency. When you buy a bottle of salmon oil, nearly all of the best oils available are just that, oil. Most have no additives or flavor enhancers, you are getting 100% pure salmon oil in a ready to use form. Most varieties come in a bottle with a pump top, which provides a measured amount per pump. This method is easily added as a “gravy” to your dog’s food, and due to the fishy smell and taste, they absolutely love it. The potency is far greater than treats or chews, and the effects are more quickly noticed, particularly in larger dogs who need higher doses.
The other factor to consider is the size that you’ll be purchasing. Since you are purchasing an oil, if not used within a reasonable amount of time, there is the possibility that it can turn rancid. This is particularly of concern when buying a large quantity for a dog of lower weight. Since the dosage is often one pump or one tablespoon per 25 pounds of body weight, if you purchase a larger amount, and have a very small or perhaps toy breed, it’s going to take a considerable amount of time to work through that quantity. Conversely, if you have a large dog and purchase a smaller amount, you may find that you go through it exceedingly fast and need to frequently reorder.
Salmon Oil for Dogs Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you decide which variety of salmon oil supplement you would like to get for your dog. As long as you take into account the size of your dog, the quantity you need, and the form of the supplement you would prefer to administer, you can choose the best type of salmon oil for your dog’s health.