And because their skin is sensitive, shampoo and conditioner should be formulated with ingredients that are meant to soothe and not overdry your Maltese’s coat. To keep your Maltese’s coat healthy and shiny and your pup happy, it’s important you select the right shampoo for you! Here are our favorites:
Best Dog Shampoos for Maltese
Here are our Maltese dog shampoo reviews.
Healthy Breeds is designed to lighten and brighten your Maltese’s light fur. This Ph balanced shampoo helps control tangling and matting of your pet’s hair. And, Healthy Breeds Our Bright Whitening Shampoo cleans thoroughly and adds luster and body to the coat without harsh bleaching.
- Delicious Pina Colada scent brights your Maltese’s coat.
- All Healthy Breeds shampoos are made in federally regulated manufacturing facilities.
- Healthy Breeds helps smooth the fur and resists tangling or matting.
Bio-Groom is a tearless shampoo designed to return luster to a Maltese’s coat. The rich formula adds body and luster to your pet. And, this formula was created to untangle and unmat your Maltese’s fur.
- Designed to enhance white and light-colored coats.
- Bio-Groom super white shampoo is fortified with protein and leaves a fresh, clean scent.
- The ingredients are derived from coconut oil, a biodegradable and regrowable source.
Alpha Dog is a deep cleaning shampoo and conditioner in one specifically designed for the fur of a Maltese. This formula prevents tangles and is made with aloe to soothe sensitive skin. Alpha Dog is also designed to brighten your Maltese’s light colored fur.
- This gentle formula is pH balanced and includes aloe vera to prevent drying your pet’s skin and coat.
- Alpha Dog is tearless to prevent eye irritation.
- Formulated to soothe dry, itchy or rashy dog skin.
Hertz Best Shampoo is specifically designed to bring out the brightness and luster of your pet’s fur while not bleaching or irritating the skin. Hertz detanges your pet’s fur and prevents future tangles. And, this 2018 Women’s Choice Award recipient is made of pet safe ingredients.
- Soothing cherry blossom scent.
- The sudsy solution is formulated for sensitive skin.
- Brings out the brilliance of light fur coats.
Pet Care Sciences is the highest quality professional grade formula dog shampoo and conditioner in one. This formula is leaves your dog smelling great with their coat in wonderful condition. And, it is a totally naturally derived formula.
- Made with 96% naturally derived ingredients including coconut oil.
- This gentle formula contains no sulfate, parabens, phosphate, MEA or DEA.
- Pet Care will leave your dog with a fresh, luminous coat for up to 6 weeks.
Maltese Shampoo Buying Guide
Because Maltese coats are so different than most other breeds of dogs, they require a more unique formula. These elements may include special brightening formulas, soothing formulas for skin and coat and a lightweight condition to prevent tangles. Here are some aspects you should consider before buying a shampoo for your Maltese.
Formulated for Bright Coats
Maltese are known for their bright white coats. When searching for a shampoo and conditioner for your maltese, look for one that provides a brightening formula meant to highlight the white. Most of these formulas will be blue or violent and will prevent dulling. Don’t worry–they won’t dye your pet’s fur violet!
Tangle/Mat free formula
Because Maltese have long, fine hair, they are more prone to tangles–especially if you choose to keep your pet’s hair longer. Look for a formula specifically created to help minimize those tangles and prevent matting. Some formulas will keep working for weeks with regular brushing.
Because Maltese are smaller animals and require more washing, it’s imperative you find a tear-free formula to prevent eye irritation.
Like most dogs, Maltese can have sensitive skin. Because Maltese may have more regular washing, it’s important to find a formula created for sensitive skin. Look for conditioning formulas that contain natural ingredients like coconut oil and aloe vera.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Maltese
- Best Dog Crate for Maltese
- Best Dog Bed for Maltese
- Best Dog Brush for Maltese
- Best Dog Toys for Maltese
- Best Dog Collar for Maltese
- Best Dog Harness for Maltese
- Best Dog Muzzle for Maltese
- Best Dog Training Book for Maltese
- Best Puppy Food for Maltese