Poodles come in different varieties and all sizes but most make wonderful companions! However, this energetic and loyal dog breed has a coat that requires more grooming than your average dog. Along with that, Poodles tend to have more allergies and skin irritations, so it is essential that you select a shampoo that is specifically formulated for Poodles or sensitive pets when seeking the ideal shampoo. We’ve selected the best shampoos for your Poodle’s coat.
Best Dog Shampoos for Poodles
Here are our Poodle shampoo reviews.
Healthy Breeds is designed to lighten and brighten your Maltese’s light fur. This Ph balanced shampoo helps control tangling and matting of your pet’s hair. And, Healthy Breeds Our Bright Whitening Shampoo cleans thoroughly and adds luster and body to the coat without harsh bleaching.
- Delicious Pina Colada scent brights your Maltese’s coat.
- All Healthy Breeds shampoos are made in federally regulated manufacturing facilities.
- Healthy Breeds helps smooth the fur and resists tangling or matting.
Earth bath specially formulated this oatmeal and aloe itch relief shampoo to address the needs of pets with dry, itchy skin that may require more frequent washing, like Poodles. This shampoo is natural, soap free and pH-balanced to clean and deodorize safely.The unique formula contains oatmeal and organic aloe vera to combat skin irritation, promote healing.
- Earthbath is 100 percent biodegradable and cruelty free.
- This shampoo is completely natural, soap free and ph balanced.
- Earthbath features a lovely and not overpowering scent of vanilla and oatmeal.
Lillian Ruff is a tear-free whitening and brightening shampoo for Poodles. These specially formulated shampoos can be used as just a face cleaner for dogs or a full body shampoo. And, their pleasant blueberry scent is a natural extract.
- Lillian Ruff is Tear Free, Gluten Free, Paraben Free, Sulfate Free and Vegan.
- The berry blue shampoo will remove tear stains and brighten a dog’s coat.
- Lillian Ruff is cruelty free with no animal testing.
Our lavender chamomile pet shampoo is pH balanced for a sensitive and full body clean. This coat conditioning offers coat conditioning, detangling and skin moisturizing.Wahl has been serving groomers for over fifty years.
- Wahl is pH balanced, alcohol free, paraben free and PEG-80 free.
- Wahl has a higher concentration of coconut derived agent which means it doesn’t require as much shampoo as others.
- The calming pet shampoo is sensitive enough for even the most severe allergies.
Pet Care Sciences is the highest quality professional grade formula dog shampoo and conditioner in one. This formula is leaves your dog smelling great with their coat in wonderful condition. And, it is a totally naturally derived formula.
- Made with 96% naturally derived ingredients including coconut oil.
- This gentle formula contains no sulfate, parabens, phosphate, MEA or DEA.
- Pet Care will leave your dog with a fresh, luminous coat for up to 6 weeks.
Poodle Shampoo Buying Guide
Because Poodles have more sensitive skin and coats that are prone to tangling, it’s imperative that you consider certain features before you select a shampoo for your pet. These elements may include special brightening formulas, soothing formulas for skin and coat and a lightweight condition to prevent tangles. Here are some aspects you should consider before buying a shampoo for your Poodle
Poodles are prone to allergies and more skin infections than other dogs. On top of that, Poodles may require more grooming, so their skin could have a tendency to dry out. It is important to find a formula created for sensitive skin. Look for conditioning formulas that contain natural ingredients like coconut oil, oatmeal and aloe vera. Soap free cleansers that feature natural ingredients are also going to be the better solution for your pet and avoid anything with excess chemicals.
Formulated for Bright Coats
Many Poodles are known for their bright white coats. When searching for a shampoo and conditioner for your Poodle, look for one that provides a brightening formula meant to highlight the white. Most of these formulas will be blue or violent and will prevent dulling. Don’t worry–they won’t dye your pet’s fur violet!
Tangle/Matt free formula
Because Poodles have curly coats, they are are more prone to tangles. Look for a formula specifically created to help minimize those tangles and prevent matting. Some formulas will keep working for weeks with regular brushing.
Because Poodles may require more washing around the face area, it’s important to find a tear free of gentle formula to prevent irritation.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Foods for Poodles
- Best Dog Crate for Poodles
- Best Dog Bed for Poodles
- Best Dog Brush for Poodles
- Best Dog Harness for Poodles
- Best Dog Collar for Poodles
- Best Dog Muzzle for Poodles
- Best Dog Toys for Poodles
- Best Dog Training Book for Poodles