Whatever the reason, the best slow feeding dog bowls prevent rapid eating and also add entertainment to a pet’s feeding routine. Slow feeding bowls serve different purposes and this is evident in their design. It’s important to highlight the reasons why slow feeding bowls are something you are considering for your pet and review the products with your reasons in mind.
Best Slow Feed Dog Bowls
Here are our slow feed dog bowl reviews.
1. Neater Pet Brands Slow Feed Bowl
The Neater slow feeder is designed to help your pet slow rapid eating and potential vomiting. This bowl holds up to a cup of food and aids in weight management. This bowl is also designed to reduce bloating and aid in digestion.
- Holds 1 cup of food comfortably, but up to 2 cups when filled to the brim.
- Constructed of high-quality stainless steel.
- This bowl is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
2. Freefa Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
The highly rated Freefa dog bowl is made of environmentally friendly material that is ABS free and non toxic. This bowl is designed to to help slow rapid eating and prevent obesity, bloat and overeating. This bowl is collapsible and easy to clean and can be placed in the dishwasher.
- To prevent spilling, the bottom four small rubber feet are attached with anti-skid pads.
- The smooth design of bowl prevents a dog’s mouth and tongue from being scratched.
- The collapsible pet bowl is 5 inches wide, 2.1 inches height, each bowl holds up to 12 fluid ounces of water.
3. STARUBY Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
The STARUBY bowl was designed to mimic the natural way that dog’s eat and to make it more difficult to quickly overeat. This bowl is designed for both food and water. And is designed with your pet’s health in mind using eco-friendly materials.
- The slow feeder pet bowl is 100% recyclable and made with non-toxic food safe ABS material.
- STARUBY is designed to slow down feeding but not be so frustrating the dog gives up.
- This bowl is designed to modify the eating behavior associated with rapid eating.
4. Outward Hound Fun Feeder Dog Bowl
The Outward Hound feeder comes in a variety of fun shapes and colors and mazes to delight you and slow rapid eating of your dog. This feeder won’t slip or slide around the floor during a feeding. And, it is made with your pet’s health in mind and eco-friendly.
- These bowls are made with food-safe materials that are BPA, PVC & Phthalate free.
- The large Feeder holds up to 4 cups of dry kibble and the small holds 2 cups.
- Available in five colors and mazes.
5. Upsky Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
The slow feed concept is advocated for by pet owners and veterinarians. The Upskey is designed to eliminate rapid eating and the issues that go along with rapid eating. And the bright colors attract the dog’s interest and are aesthetically appealing.
- The recyclable slow feeder bowls are made of PP resin which is food-safe and non-toxic.
- The bowl only weighs 6.4 ounces.
- The bowl has a PP coating which makes it very easy to clean.
6. Siensync Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
The unique design of the Siensync bowl is engineered to slow pets eating but also make them feel full. This bowl is designed to control canine obesity and also entertain the dog while it eats. The Sunsync bowl is perfect for all pets, small and large.
- This bowl is made with FOOD SAFE, high-strength ABS materials, and is BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free.
- Easily washable, the Siensync is top rack dishwasher safe.
- Siensync offers a 60 day money-back guarantee.
7. Mr. Peanut’s Stainless Steel Interactive Slow Feed Dog Bowl
The Mr. Peanut’s dog bowl is designed with a bundt cake interior to slow eating. In this design, pet’s chase their food and thus take a little longer to eat. This bowl is suitable for wet or dry dog foods.
- Mr. Peanut bowl is shatterproof and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- This bowl is made of high-quality stainless steel from India.
- Available in two sizes, medium and large, which hold 16 to 28 ounces of food respectively.
8. JASGOOD Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
The JASGOOD slow feeder dog bowl delights pets in 8 different styles and bright colors. Dogs have fun chasing their food around the feeder. And the smooth design prevents injury to your pet.
- This bowl promotes healthy slow eating, helping prevent obesity, bloat, regurgitation and overeating.
- JASGOOD Slow Feeder Bowl is made with FOOD SAFE, High-Strength ABS materials.
- The slow feeder bowl has a widened base to prevent being knocked over.
9. NOYAL Dog Slow Feeder Bowl
The NOYAL slow feeder offers fun and entertainment while also promoting a healthy diet. This easy to clean bowl can be used with wet or dry dog food. The NOYAL also had anti-skid protection to prevent food or water from spilling out.
- The pet slow feeder has a diameter of 6 ½ inches.
- There are four non-slip mats in the package that can be glued to the bottom of the bowl
- The bottom four sides of the bowl feature anti-skid pads.
10. ProSelect Dog Stainless Steel Brake-Fast Slow Feed Bowl
The ProSelect bowl features a unique design and is proudly made in the USA. Three stainless steel columns prevent overeating. These bowls are also dishwasher safe.
- The small holds 1.5 cups, the medium holds 5 cups and the large holds up to 8 cups.
- This bowl works with dry or wet food.
- ProSelect is dishwasher safe.
11. PETDURO Slow Feed Dog Bowl
Petduro believes in the durability of their dog bowls. These bowls are designed with thicker walls than the average pet slow feeders. And, the nonslip base helps hold the pet bowls in place.
- Larger than most competitors, PETDURO holds up to 14 ounces of food.
- The smooth and non-stick surface makes it very easy to wash.
- This base has a non stick base with four rubber feet.
12. DuraPet OurPets DuraPet Slow Feed Premium Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
The OurPets DuraPet is Amazon’s Choice and one of the highest rated slow feeders on the market. This slow feeder is made with a heavy and premium stainless steel. This bowl is also dishwasher safe.
- The DuraPet has a permanently bonded ring that keeps feeding in one place.
- This bowl is dishwasher safe.
- The bowl holds up to 5 cups of food.
Slow Feeding Dog Bowl Buying Guide
There are a myriad reasons why you may be considering a slow feeding bowl, whether to prevent rapid eating or to keep your dog entertained. For many dogs, rapid eating leads to injury and GI stress. As a result, veterinarians and designers have worked together to create slow feed bowls to eliminate some of that stress and help modify negative eating behaviors. But, not all slow feeding bowls are designed with the same purpose or function in mind.
There are a number of factors that should be considered when reviewing the design.
Wet or dry dog food: Some slow feeder dog bowls are designed for both wet and dry dog food, while others are designed only for kibble and dry food. It’s important to review the specifications of the product to determine if wet food is acceptable in the dog bowl or if it will only end up causing your dog frustration.
Snout: Not all slow feeders are designed alike. Slow feeders with a maze pattern are not designed for small snouted dogs. These feeders will prevent your dog from even reaching the food and could cause serious injury. Dogs with small snouts should only use slow feeders that have a single column in the middle or feeders in which they are able to fully access the entire bowl.
Because dog feeders both make it more difficult for the pet to eat rapidly and provide entertainment, it’s important that the dog bowl is stable. Some dog bowls are made of heavier stainless steel to keep it in place. Yet others have anti-skid or rubber grips on the bottom. It’s important to assess your floors and the size and strength of your pet and consider an anti skid or gripping bowl if necessary.
Ease of Cleaning
Slow feed dog bowls are designed to make it slightly more challenging for your pet to quickly eat their food. Occasionally, this means that some food will remain in the slow feeder, or that food may get stuck. Additionally, some more complicated designers are trickier to clean. If you are using a wet dog food in a slow feeder, it’s essential to select a dog bowl that is easy to clean and ideally dishwasher safe. If dog bowls are not properly cleaned, they can grow bacteria which can make your dog sick.