Moderate to frequent brushing can have a positive impact on a dog’s coat and well-being. Soft bristle brushes help to distribute oil, remove dander and eliminate excess fur. Brushing your pet can also prevent excess shedding and dog hair about the house. But, a dog’s skin is delicate and especially sensitive around the paws and the face. A soft bristle brush helps remove excess dander and can keep your pet happy and its coat shiny. Soft bristle brushes do vary and here are our top picks.
Best Soft Bristle Dog Brushes
Here are our soft bristle dog brush reviews.
The Chris Christensen dog brush is considered a top of the line, high-quality soft bristle brush. This brush stimulates hair and skin follicles for a healthy coat. And this soft bristle brush distributes natural oils into the coat for a fantastic shine.
- Made with eight rows of natural boar bristles.
- The bristles are .75-inches long.
- The brush features a comfortable, lightweight Beech Wood handle and measures about 8.75-inch body length.
The Mars Professional grooming brush is German engineered to last for years. Real real black wild boar bristles distribute oil and softle clean your dog’s hair. The beechwood handle is durable and laquered to last.
- Handle made from beech wood and stained with lacquer to ensure durability.
- Mars Professional features a rubber cushion with pure blackboar bristles.
- Mars features German quality engineering.
Hertzko’s Soft Brush can be used on short and long haired dogs of all sizes. This bristle brush gentle removes loose hair and can be used on face and paws. The gentle rounded brushes protect your pet’s delicate skin.
- The Hertzko gently removes loose hair and eliminates tangles, dander and trapped dirt.
- Soft and gentle plastic bristles are manufactured with rounded edges so it won’t damage or scratch your pet’s sensitive skin.
- Hertzko grooms and massages for a healthy coat, increased blood circulation and la soft and shiny coat.
The HaloVa Pet comb is designed with yours and your pet’s comfort in mind. The durable bristles are delicate on your pet’s skin, but still work to remove loose dander. Regular brushing with the HaloVa promotes increased circulation and a shiny coat.
- The wood handle conforms to your hand no matter how you decide to hold it.
- Rounded ends on the pin brush protect your dog’s skin.
- The brush gently removes loose hair, and eliminates tangles, knots, dander and trapped dirt.
Conair Pet-It brushes are made to fit seamlessly in the palm of your hand. These brushes are relaxing for pets and simulate gentle pet action. This brush is great for animals that are fearful of the brush.
- Conair PRODog easily fits in the palm of your hand.
- Easy to use on short and curly coats
- Helps distribute oils in your pet’s coat.
Bamboo Groom is an ergonomic brush made of natural boar bristles. Each Bamboo Groom is carefully made by hand to ensure that your pet has enjoyable grooming experiences. The ergonomic handles and cushioned grip support pads ease the discomfort of frequent grooming.
- Bamboo Groom is handcrafted and then polished with a natural oil to deliver a smooth, water resistant finish.
- The brush features an ergonomic design and elastic band.
- Bamboo Groom measures 3.25 inches wide x 4 inches tall
The Greenbone bamboo pet brush is made with natural and eco-sustainable and materials. The natural bristles stimulate a petting action while removing excess fur and distributing oils. And, the ergonomic design eliminates soreness from frequent brushing.
- Soothing bristles are gentle on your pet’s face and sensitive areas.
- Ergonomic and easy grip handles ease sore wrists and fingers.
- Soft yet strong bristles detangle hair while removing excess fur.
Burt’s Bees Double-Sided Pin and hemp bristle brush was designed to operate as a multi-purpose brush.The pin brush on one side removes tangles and debris from your pet’s coat, while its hemp bristles keep the topcoat smooth. Burt’s Bees is gentle, safe and effective on all dogs.
- This double-sided dog brush is made of bamboo and recycled materials.
- Rounded pins help remove tangles, knots, dirt, and dander.
- Soft bristles gently remove shedding hair and create shine.
The Martha Stewart detangling brush gently brushes away loose hair and dander while evenly distributing oil across your pet. The adjustable hand strap provides a comfortable fit for every groomer. The small brush feels more like a petting motion than a brushing movement.
- The massaging motions stimulate natural oil production for a shiny coat.
- The Martha Stewart dog brush is made with an adjustable hand strap.
- This brush is made with soft natural bristles, which remove shedding hair and debris as well as follow the form of your pet’s body.
The Safari Bristle brush features ergonomic comfort-grip handles. The Safari brush helps to reduce shedding, mats and tangles while promoting healthy coats for pets. The Safari brush is made by Coastal, a fifty year old Ohio-based company committed to innovation, safety and quality.
- The ergonomic plastic handle for a comfortable and secure grip.
- This brush helps distribute natural oils, leaving a shiny, healthy coat.
- Safari grooming tools are easy to use for every coat type.
Soft Bristle Brush Buying Guide
When searching for a soft bristle brush the quality and type of brush are important. With frequent brushing, you can eliminate uncomfortable and odorous dander and eliminate excess dog hair from your home. While soft bristles are gentle on the dog, there may be other qualities that you are seeking in a brush. There are a number of factors to consider when purchasing a soft bristle hair brush.
Traditional or Ergonomic Handle
Some soft bristle brushes are traditionally shaped, much like a brush that a human might use in their hair. This might work fine for a dog, but for dog’s that have had negative experiences with brushes (either injury or fear of a groomer) a more ergonomic soft bristle brush might provide a more pleasant experience. Ergonomic brushes fit into the palm of your hand and mimic a gentle petting motion. These brushes are smaller than the traditional brush in that they lack a handle. This type of brush tends to minimize any fear or anxiety in the dog. The ergonomic brush handle is also more comfortable on the hand and prevents hand injury.
Bamboo, Wood or Plastic
The type of handle or material surrounding the bristles is another factor to consider. For some, the more eco-friendly bamboo brush might be preferable. A top quality bamboo brush will be made from sustainably sourced and produced bamboo. In addition to being eco friendly, many bamboo brushes are also vegan friendly. Other brushes are made of more traditional wood or plastic. If considering a plastic brush, research where it is manufactured. Some countries are more lax about their manufacturing standards. Ideally, a wood brush that is manufactured in the United States, Germany or Japan will have high quality craftsmanship.
Many soft bristle brushes will use rubber cushioning. When searching for your ideal soft bristle brush, look for one that has rubber cushioning. The rubber cushioning provides a soothing base and eliminates static electricity.
Real or Reproduced Bristles
Many of the highest quality soft bristle brushes are made from real boar hair. When seeking out the ideal brush, consider a brush that uses natural boar bristles. These bristles will likely be the softest on a dog’s skin while also eliminating excess fur or dander.