There is nothing better than the affection and love that your furry best friend brings to your life. You love everything about him, except, perhaps, one thing: his hair!
Sure, his coat may be fluffy, soft, and beautiful, but you would rather it stays where it’s supposed to be: on your dog! Finding pieces of hair floating through the air, piled up in balls on the floor, covering your carpet and furniture, and worst of all, your clothing is a real pain in the neck. In fact, it’s probably safe to say that, like most pup parents, shedding hair is probably the bane of your existence.
You bath and brush your dog regularly, but despite your best efforts, you can’t seem to get a handle on all of that fur! Fortunately, there is a way that you can regain control of your dog hair covered house. How? – With a vacuum for dog hair!
There are a lot of dog hair vacuums on the market, but not all of them are created equal. To help you find the best option, we’ve assembled a team of experts in home care who have tested out several different models of dog hair vacuums. We’ve also read through several vacuums for dog hair reviews from people who have used the products themselves. Our research has lead us to select the five following models as the best dog hair vacuums currently on the market:
Vacuums for Dog Hair Review Center 2018
|Image||Vacuum for Dog Hair||Price||Rating|
|#1 - Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum||Check Price||99%|
|#2 - Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum||Check Price||96%|
|#3 - Kenmore Pet Friendly Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner||Check Price||93%|
|#4 - Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum||Check Price||89%|
|#5 - Dirt Devil Razor Pet Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UD70355B||Check Price||85%|
Now that you’ve seen our top picks for the best dog hair vacuums, let’s take a closer look at each one. Below, we offer a more detailed look at each product, including the features they offer, what we like about them, and what other users had to say. Once you’ve read through the reviews and chosen the best vacuum for dog hair that you think will meet your needs, click on the yellow link to find the best prices on Amazon.
#1 – Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
If you are looking for a pet hair vacuum that can remove dog hair from virtually any surface in your home, the Bissell 1650 Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum is definitely the way to go. Its powerful motor can pick and large 1.5 liter dirt cup can pick up tons of pet hair. Thanks to the tangle-free roller brush, you don’t have to worry about hair getting stuck around the brush and slowing you down or damaging the machine. The cleaning path is 12 inches wide, so you can easily clean large areas with one swipe. It also features a hose that measures eight feet long, so you can clean furniture, curtains, and stairs with east. With a 30 foot long cord, you don’t have to constantly run around to find new outlets to plug into.
The Bissell 1605A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum comes is equipped with a quick release wand that you can use to capture pet hair, dirt, and debris from all the surfaces in your home. The Pet Turbo Eraser Tool is designed to remove dog hair that’s embedded in carpets and upholstery, and the LED-lit crevice tool will allow you to see hidden dirt; you can even use it to clean out your pup’s dog crate! Lastly, the Smart Seal Allergen System, which is outfitted with a Pet Odor Eliminator from Febrese, will trap allergens and diminish odors from your pet.
What We Like About It
- The tangle-free brush reduces the risk of clogs and damage to the vacuum
- It features a patented Cyclonic Pet Hair Spool System, which allows for hand-free emptying
- The Pet Turbo Eraser removes hair that’s embedded in carpets and upholstery with ease
- The LED-lit crevice tool will let you easily see and clean up those hidden messes
- It greatly reduces allergies, thanks to the Smart Seal Allergen System
- It reduces pet odors, thanks to the Febrese Pet Odor Eliminator air filter
Things to Complain About
- While the Febrese Odor Eliminator air filter is a major plus, it does cost more than a standard air filter
- Some users have said that while this vacuum does do a very efficient job of sucking up pet hair, in regard to sucking up dirt and other debris, it’s only average
Final Verdict: The Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum is designed specifically to combat pet hair, and it does a great job of it, too. It also reduces pet odors, thanks to the Febrese air filter; however, this filter does cost more than a standard air filter.View on Amazon
#2 – Shark Rocket True Pet Ultra Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
Weighing less than 9 pounds, if you don’t want to struggle with a bulky machine, than the Shark Rocket True Pet Ultra Light Corded Bagless Vacuum is a great option for you. It’s so lightweight that you can easily transport it to clean any part of your home. Add to that the fact that it converts into a handheld vacuum and you have an all-in-one vacuum for all of your floor-to-ceiling cleaning needs. The handheld vacuum is great for cleaning out your furry friend’s dog bed, too!
The Hard Floor Hero on this vacuum is powerful enough to pick up all types of dirt and hair, including debris on the surface of the floors, as well as stuck-on debris. Your hardwoods and/or tile floors will be impeccably clean with this machine. The Pet Multi Tool can suck up hair that is embedded into all surfaces, including upholstery and carpets. The hand vac is illuminated by an LED light, which means that you can easily see any dirt, hair, and debris that’s hiding in your home (under couches and chairs, for example). This pet hair vacuum features Advanced Swivel Steering, so the machine glides over and around any surface with easy. With the extra large dust cup, you will be able to clean for long periods of time without having to worry about stopping to empty it out.
What We Like About It
- Some users have said that while the design and vacuum are great, and that it works well, it’s not as efficient as they had hoped.
- Other users have said that they thought the size of the head was too small
Final Verdict: For those hard-to-reach areas, or if you simply don’t like the idea of having to contended with a big, bulky machine, the Shark Rocket True Pet Ultra Light Corded Bagless Vacuum will be sure to please.View on Amazon
#3 – Kenmore Pet Friendly Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Next up on our list of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair is the Kenmore Pet Friendly Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Featuring the most advanced cleaning technologies, including a 2 motor system, compression technology, and cyclonic action, this vacuum cleaner creates super powerful suction that you can rely on. It will easily remove pet hair, dirt, and all other types of debris from any surface in your home. With six cleaning configurations, this pet hair vacuum from Kenmore is specifically made to tackle the biggest pet messes. The liftaway canister makes this vacuum cleaner truly versatile; just pop it off and you can clean the corners of your stairs, your four-legged family member’s dog house, and more! It’s also outfitted with tons of super convenient features, including a super long Quick Draw Wand, which will allow to reach virtually any surface. The agitator can be turned on and off, too, so you can use it to clean carpets, hardwoods, and tiled floors, too. Lastly, the washable HEPA filter will trap virtually all of the dust, debris, and allergens, thus improving your home’s indoor air quality.
What We Like About It
- The 2 motor system, compression technology, and cyclonic action offer outstanding suction power
- With six cleaning configurations, you can easily clean any surface in your home.
- The liftaway canister is great for cleaning areas where a large vacuum won’t fit, or when you can’t juggle the weight of the full-sized vacuum
- A washable HEPA filter significantly reduces allergens and is easy to clean
Reasons to Complain
- Some of the reviews we read on Amazon said that there were issues with clogging, but that could be the result of improper use
- Other users said that they found that it was hard to put together
Final Verdict: The Kenmore Pet Friendly Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner is not only an effective pet hair vacuum, but it’s also one of the least expensive options on our list. It’s powerful suction and various features will be sure to make cleaning up after your furry friend a breeze!View on Amazon
#4 – Hoover Wind Tunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum
Experience the power of the Hoover Wind Tunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum! This vacuum cleaner for pet hair creates three different channels of suction to effectively lift up and remove debris that lies on the surface of your floors, as well as deeply embedded dirt and pet hair. The brush roller can be turned on or off, so you can easily move from carpets to hardwoods with just the push of a button.
This vacuum cleaner for pet hair comes with an easy to clean, large dirty cup and a reusable carbon and HEPA filter. The filter can trap 99.97 percent of the allergens, dirt, dust, and pollens that it sucks up, down to as small as .3 microns! That’s effective cleaning! It comes with a variety of tools, including a Pet Turbo tool that is designed to clean furniture and stairs, a pet upholstery tool for removing pet hair from furniture, and draperies, and a telescopic extension wand that can reach ceilings and overhead fans! With a cleaning reach of 12 feet and five different height adjustments, you’ll have tons of power to clean up after your pet with this vacuum cleaner.
What We Like About It
- The WindTunnel 3 Technology is designed to create three suction channels to effective remove both surface and embedded dirt and pet hair
- A Carbon and HEPA filter can be reused and traps up to 99.97 percent of allergens and dust
- This vacuum comes equipped with several tools, including options for cleaning stairs, furniture, draperies, ceilings, and more!
- Since the roller brush can be turned on or off, you can use it to clean carpets, rugs, and hardwoods
Reasons to Complain
- Some users said that the vacuum was a big heavy and bulky, which made it cumbersome to operate
- Others reported that the machine didn’t work properly when they received it, which could be an issue with assembly
Final Verdict: Our panel of experts said that the Hoover Wind Tunnel 3 Pro Pet Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum was easy to use and very effective for cleaning all types of dirt, including embedded pet hair. However, it is a bit on the heavy side, so do be aware.View on Amazon
#5 – Dirt Devil Razor Pet Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UD70355B
Last, but certainly not least, on our list of the best pet hair vacuums is the Dirt Devil Razor Pet Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UD70355B. Dirt Devil is one of the most trusted names in home cleaning products, and their Razor Pet Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum definitely illustrates why the manufacturer is so highly regarded.
This vacuum cleaner for pet hair boasts powerful no suction loss technology, so you’ll maintain a powerful suction throughout all of your cleaning jobs. The Spin 4 Pro Premium Brushroll offers exceptional power for cleaning carpets, as well as hardwood floors. It also comes complete with a 2 in 1 crevice and dusting tool, as well as a powered upholstery and stair tool. And, with the swivel steering and low profile design that this vacuum cleaner offers, you’ll have no trouble maneuvering it so you can get underneath and around furniture with ease.
What We Like About It
- This vacuum cleaner has a 10 foot hose with a removable wand so you can clean all of those hard to reach areas
- The Spin4Pro Premiums Brushrool can easily clean carpets and hardwoods alike
- The low profile design and easy steering means that you will be able to get under and around furniture without no problem!
- The crevice and dusting tool, and the powered stair/upholstery tool will ensure that every surface in your home is clean
- The price tag is very affordable
Reasons to Complain
- It doesn’t feature a lift-away canister
- Some people said that the vacuum cleaner was broke when they received it
Final Verdict: A powerful pet hair vacuum cleaner at price that’s truly affordable, the Dirt Devil Pet Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UD70355B is a fantastic tool for cleaning up all those messes that your furry friend makes.View on Amazon
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair
Being a pet owner comes with a lot of responsibilities. Your furry friend relies on you to ensure that he is well cared for, which is why you put so much effort into finding the very best dog products for him. He has a spacious outdoor dog kennel or a dog playpen to safely run around in when you can’t keep your eyes on him all the time. You feed him the best dog food possible to ensure that his nutritional needs are being met (and you even feed him out of a high-quality dog bowl, too!) And he probably has tons of other gear to improve his safety and to simply make sure that he is living his best life; for example, some of the products that you have for him might include a dog seat belt, interactive dog toys or puzzle dog toys, and perhaps he even has automatic fetch machines to keep him entertained when you can’t toss his ball for him.
But while you likely have tons of products for your pet, there’s one product that every dog owner must not forget: a vacuum cleaner for dog hair!
If you’ve never purchase a dog hair vacuum cleaner before, you’ve come to the right place! In this section of our buyer’s guide, we highlight why this tool is an absolute must, and the features that the best vacuums for dog hair offer so you can make the best choice for your needs.
Why Good Vacuums for Dog Hair are Essential
You love playing with your pup, snuggling with him, and just spending time together. He’s your best friend, and you couldn’t imagine life without your companion; however, there’s probably one thing that you could do without: all of that pet hair!
Most dogs, even those that aren’t supposed to (like West Highland White Terriers, Dachshunds, Doberman Pinschers, and Great Danes) shed. If you have a long-haired dog, such as a German Shepherd, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, a Poodle, or a Siberian Husky, then shedding is something that you have to contend with on a regular basis. Needless to say, no matter what type of dog you have, managing shedding hair can be a real battle.
There are things you can do to reduce the shedding. Bathing him with a high quality dog shampoo, brushing him with the best dog brush, and even trimming up his coat with a great pair of professional grade dog grooming clippers can certainly help to keep the hair under control; however, the fact of the matter is that you’re still going to find hair on your floors, furniture, and clothing. That means that you’re going to have to get accustomed to vacuuming.
While you can definitely use a standard vacuum to clean up that pet hair, it probably isn’t going to do much as far as cleaning goes. That’s because standard vacuum cleaners aren’t designed to offer the power that’s needed to effectively suck up dog hair. Vacuum cleaners for dog hair, however, are specifically made to tackle sucking up that renegade hair.
Generally, vacuums for dog hair have more powerful motors, more cleaning tools, and advanced features, such as filtration systems, to help you rid your home of that pet hair. If you’ve never used one before, you’ll notice a major difference between your standard vacuum and a dog hair vacuum the moment you switch!
Features We Looked For
There are a lot of dog hair vacuums on the market. How can you tell which option will offer the best results? Here’s a look at some features that the very best pet hair vacuums offer:
- Non-tangle roller brushes. Pet hair can easily get tangled around the roller brush of a vacuum cleaner. The best vacuums for pet hair feature non-tangle roller brushes to eliminate issues.
- Additional tools. Pet hair can collect on virtually any surface of your home. That’s what the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair come complete with cleaning tools; pet hair brushes, crevice tools, and extended hoses, for example.
- Advanced filtration systems. Pets release a lot of dander and allergens. A high-quality pet hair vacuum will feature advanced filtration, such as a HEPA or carbon filter to trap in those allergens, thereby improving the air quality of your home.
- Large dirt cups. You don’t want to worry about constantly emptying the dirt cup, so look for a vacuum cleaner that features a larger than average cup to collect dirt and debris.
Summing It Up
While you go above and beyond to ensure that your four-legged friend has the very best of everything, you also need to take care of yourself and your home. Having a pet is a wonderful thing, but the hair that he leaves behind can make your house look messy; not to mention, it can aggravate allergies.
By investing in a pet hair vacuum cleaner, you can keep your home spic-and-span, reduce allergens, and ensure that you and your furry best friend life together in harmony. Whether you invest in one of the vacuum cleaners featured on our list, or you purchase one that offers the features mentioned above, you will be able to keep your pet-friendly home neat and tidy.