Fido Fit is a wonderful exercise program that allows Houston dog owners to get fit and socialize with their dogs at the same time. Members of Fido Fit Houston meet once a week for group runs and walks; and after each session, there is a wellness seminar by human and dog professionals (e.g. dieticians and animal behaviorists).
Fido Fit Houston has a training schedule whereby members train on their own (with their dogs) twice a week; and on the weekends, everyone in the group gets together for a workout and a seminar.
Typical Fido Fit Session
1. Each meeting begins with a warm-up followed by a walk or run.
2. After each workout there is a seminar (alternating between human and dog topics).
3. Everyone gets to socialize and play in the park.
The best part about Fido Fit is that following the program, members are encouraged to participate in a walk/run that will benefit an animal welfare organization.
To become a member of Fido Fit you must pay a membership fee. Included in your membership is a Fido Fit T-shirt, a Fido Fit leash for your dog, and of course a fun weekend training group.
• Humans should be able to walk or run for 20 minutes non-stop.
• Your dog must be able to walk with you for 20 minutes without stopping.
• Dogs must be over the age of one.
• Dogs must pass a temperament test.
• Dogs must be up to date with their vaccinations – proof is required.
• Only one dog per person.
• Only dogs are allowed, no other pets.
• Appropriate exercise attire is advised for all weather.
• Each person should bring their own water and water for their dog as well.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our dog product reviews!