Have you ever heard of Labbe? This mixed breed is also famous as Beagador, Labbe Retriever, Labeagle, and many more names. This medium-sized fun-loving mixed breed dog is a mix of Beagle and the Retriever breed, which sounds like every pet owner’s dream.
The Labbe is a family dog that will mix with your children, guests, and everyone who stops by!
This designer dog has a playful nature similar to the Beagle and a tolerant and kind personality of the Labrador. These puppies need mental and physical stimulation in abundance, thanks to their heritage. You’ll fall in love with the narrow face, tall body, and wide ears, which reminds of Beagles and Labradors both.
This designer breed has its origins in the United States sometime around the 90s, but the history is not very vast. To get an idea about the Labbe’s history, we’ve to look into the past of its parent breeds. The Labrador Retriever is a Newfoundland native, and the St. John’s Water Dog is believed to be its ancestor.
On the other hand, the Beagle is traditionally part of a large pack that hunts hare and rabbits. According to popular belief, the Beagle belongs to 5th Century Greek with a history of smaller-sized dogs. Thanks to its rich culture, the Labbe is one of the most sought mix-breeds around the world.
The Labbe’s showcase a seemingly endless amount of activeness, and you cannot easily discourage them. These mixed designer breeds are sweet souls who will spread positivity and energy to everyone around them. Some people call Labbe’s ‘eternal puppies’ because some of them might act like they are just five months old at the age of nine or ten.
How Big do Labbe Get
The male Labbe’s average height is 19-24 inches, and they generally weigh 25-40 pounds. The female Labbe, on the flip side, measures 17-22 inches in height and weigh at most 23-38 pounds. Both the male and female Labbe’s reach their full weight and size at 18 months.
How Long Does Labbe Live
Typically, most Beagle Lab mix dogs have a lifespan of 12 to 15 years, which might affect nutrition and health issues. The Labbe inherits potential harmful diseases from its parent that may decrease its life expectancy. The Beagledor suffers from gastrointestinal problems, hypothyroidism, cherry eye, allergies, loose knee joints, and many more during its lifespan.
How Much Does a Labbe Cost
The adorable little Baegadors cost around $575 to $1600, but you must know that they are very high-maintenance pups. Since the Labbe is a costly mixed breed, most people prefer adopting them rather than buying them directly. Whenever you adopt or buy this designer dog, make sure you only get it from a reputable breeder.
Labbe Temperament/ Personality
As with any first-generation mixed breed, the outcome of the temperament and behavior can be unpredictable. In general, the Labbe is an energetic goofy dog that plays a lot and tends to get excited very quickly. This breed is affectionate, curious, and loyal to his family members, and very brave too.
The drawback of having a Labbe is that you cannot leave them alone in the house as they are prone to separation anxiety. From young to seniors, the Labbe’s can play and please everyone.
You must also know that the Labbe tends to get stubborn at times, but it will usually obey your commands.
Caring for Labbe
Though the Labbe is an active and joyful pet, it has its own nutritional and physical needs like every other dog. If you are unaware of its grooming, caring, health, activity level, and nutrition, you can read them below.
Since the Beagledors are active dogs, you need to provide them with a healthy and nutritious diet. The Labbe generally are very greedy when it comes to food, and this can result in obesity. We recommend that you give your pup the right mix of wet and dry food with various flavors, vitamins, and minerals to keep them healthy.
How to Groom a Labbe
This Beagle and Labrador mix has very minimal grooming needs, though it can shed from moderate to frequent. To keep up with the shedding, you will not engage in brushing this pup every two or three times a week. You should check his ears for infection, clip his nails when they get long, and brush twice every week.
Labbe Activity Levels
It would be best if you did not underestimate the activity levels of the Labbe, as it does not give up easily. The Labbe can happily walk and run for a whole hour, rest for a few minutes, and then continue walking. Because the Labbe adores water, it will grab any chance of playing or swimming in the water.
Caring for Labbe
The first thing you need to do is take the canine out for a walk to care for the Labbe. You must ensure that the playful and energetic pup receives his daily quotient of physical exercise and play. It would help if you took the dog to the vet regularly so that the doctor can run medical checks.
Other than that, you must develop a healthy and well-balanced diet for this breed. It would help if you refrained from leaving the dogs alone at the house since they are not very good with separation.
If there’s something that the Labbe inherits from his parent’s other than looks and activeness, that’s health issues. Your little Labbe may suffer from ear infections, dysplasia, hypothyroidism, bloat, myopathy, OCD, heart problems, Beagle Dwarfism, and many other diseases.
Since the canine is prone to an array of health risks, you must regularly take it to the vet. Before you adopt the Labbe, it is wise to ask the breeder for both its parents’ health clearance. Alternatively, you can also visit the puppy a few times before adopting it to understand any health factors concerning it.
Breeds Similar to Labbe
- Montenegrin Mountain Hound
- Istrian Shorthaired Hound
- Border Beagle
- Portuguese Sheepdog
Best Dog Food For Labbes
The best dog food for Labbes is Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food. This nutrient-rich dog food packed with real chicken makes this product rich in proteins. This dog food contains wholesome fibers, vitamins, and minerals that promote healthy digestion.
- This all-natural dog food is a complete balanced meal.
- This recipe contains prebiotics and fibers that aid healthy digestion.
- This product also contains beef fat that is a natural source of omega fatty acids that promote healthy skin and coat.
Best Puppy Food For Labbes
The best puppy food for Labbes is Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food. This puppy food contains chicken, wholesome grains, vegetables, fruits, and special Lifesource Bits that play a significant role in healthy growth and development. It is made as per food safety guidelines in US facilities without any artificial flavors and preservatives.
- This puppy food recipe is formulated with DHA and ARA for the healthy development of the brain and eyes.
- It contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids that support healthy skin and coat.
- The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants promote a healthy immune system.
Best Dog Bed For Labbes
The best dog bed for Labbes is Frisco Plush Orthopedic Front Bolster Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover. This marvelous dog bed is made of premium quality memory foam and orthopedic foam with a supportive bolster offering your Labbe extra security and comfort. This orthopedic bed alleviates muscle pains and reduces extra pressure on your labbe’s body.
- This product provides all the support it needs so that injuries and wounds can be prevented.
- This bed features removable cover making it easy to wash.
- The easy step-on design allows your dog to get on the bed without much effort.
Best Dog Crate For Labbes
The best dog crate for Labbes is MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate. This dog crate is designed to keep your Labbe’s safety, security, and comfort in mind. It comes equipped with secure latches and a handy divider panel that make this crate a perfect choice for your Labbe.
- This crate is easy to set up with the fold and carry configuration that makes the crate easily portable.
- The crate is made of strong and sturdy metal, creating a safe den for your Labbe.
- Due to the replaceable plastic pan, it is easy to clean and maintain.
Best Dog Collar For Labbes
The best dog collar for Labbes is PetSafe Quick Snap Buckle Nylon Martingale Dog Collar. This collar has a quick-release buckle that makes it easy to put on and remove. Martingale collars give you more control over your Labbe, thereby reducing your Labbe’s chances of escaping or slipping away.
- Absolutely safe for dogs who pull and lunge without hurting your Labbe.
- It is made of durable nylon, perfect for growing pups.
- This collar is waterproof and super-easy to clean.
Best Dog Harness For Labbes
The best dog harness for Labbes is Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Step In Back Clip Dog Harness. This harness is a wonderful accessory for Labbes, especially if you are planning to take them on a long walk in the park or an evening stroll. Choose the color that suits your Labbe’s personality and watch them strut in style.
- This harness is super comfortable to wear without causing your Labbe to choke.
- The nylon reflective strip material allows easy visibility even in low light areas.
- It comes in many sizes and colors to match your Labbe’s style.
Best Dog Muzzle For Labbes
The best dog muzzle for Labbes is CollarDirect Adjustable Nylon Dog Muzzle Set, Black. This tool prevents your Labbe from acting out when stressed or overly aroused, like visiting the vet or even little strolls in the park. The muzzle is made of super comfortable and lightweight nylon that can be adjusted for a custom fit.
- You can choose the perfect size from a range of sizes for a comfortable fit.
- The muzzle is made of premium quality nylon that can last for a long time.
- The color black goes well with all accessories.
Best Dog Toy For Labbes
The best dog toy for Labbes is Chuckit! Paraflight Flyer Dog Toy. This toy has a durable and sturdy built quality, for a perfect day out in the park or the beach! Use it as a frisbee to play fetch or just splash it around the water; it is made to last for a long time.
- The toy has a unique aerodynamic shape for a nice game of fetch.
- This toy has a bright color for increased visibility.
- The Chuckit! Paraflight toy comes with raised sides, so you don’t have to worry too much about slobber while picking it up.
Best Dog Brush For Labbes
The best dog brush for Labbes is JW Pet Gripsoft Slicker Brush Soft Pin. This brush has an ergonomic handle that makes the brush easy to use. Use this regularly on your Labbe to maintain its coat.
- The brush easily removes tangles and mats without causing any discomfort.
- This product is perfect for those pets with sensitive skin.
- It has soft pins that improve circulation and the distribution of essential oils for a healthy and shiny coat.
Best Dog Shampoo For Labbes
The best dog shampoo for Labbes is Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo with Colloidal Oat Flour & Honey for Dogs. Made of 100% natural ingredients like colloidal oats and honey that will condition and moisturize your Labbe’s skin and give it a wonderful shine. This shampoo is 97% cruelty-free without colorants and sulfates.
- This shampoo is made of honey and green tea extracts for healthy and strong hair.
- A perfect shampoo to remove skin irritation and eczema.
- Vets recommend this shampoo for Labbes.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book