While dogs love their treats, peanut butter is one of their most favorites and they can be used as a treat or as a training reward. They also come in many forms; placed in a dish, baked into a treat, and even stuffed into a supplement. In this buyer’s guide, we discuss the 15 best peanut butter products for dogs that include healthy and natural options for your pup.
Health Benefits of Peanut Butter for Dogs
Peanut butter can be a great source of protein and is packed with both minerals and vitamins such as vitamins B and vitamin E. It’s also packed with healthy fats such as oleic acid, and omega-6 fatty acids which are beneficial for a growing dog. These fats are also known to maintain healthy sugar levels and good levels of cholesterol.
This treat also contains copper, selenium, zinc, niacin, and manganese, which are all vital nutrients that work to support your puppy’s immune system while promoting good health. However, it’s best to feed your dogs small amounts, since too much peanut butter may lead to weight gain.
Are All Peanut Butter Brands Safe for Dogs?
When looking for the best peanut butter treats for your pooch, be sure to check the ingredient label that comes with it. Dog-safe peanut butter treats should contain one main ingredient, which are peanuts. If the label says that it uses organic peanuts or natural peanut butter, it’s best to check the ingredient list for unwanted additives that may be hidden.
Check your peanut butter treats for things like added sugar and artificial sweeteners like preservatives, hydrogenated oil, and Xylitol, which should all be avoided. Even a small amount of Xylitol can be toxic to dogs, so steer clear of them. Instead, look for peanut butter brands that offer an unsalted version of their products as well as Xylitol-free peanut butter.
The Best Peanut Butter Products for Dogs
Below are our top picks for the best peanut butter dog treats and products that you can incorporate into your dog’s diet or use as a reward during training sessions.
- Made with natural ingredients such as vegetables and chicken
- Highly digestible and 100% free from rawhide
- Long lasting chew without the dangers of sharp splinters
- Perfect for smaller dogs: each stick is only 5 inches long
Many dog owners will be concerned about the various health risks linked to the consumption of rawhide. These SmartSticks from SmartBones are 100% free from rawhides and are made with real chicken, veggies, and creamy peanut butter to deliver a tasty treat.
These great chews provide a healthier alternative to rawhide, which is associated with intestinal blockage. Because these dog treats are 99.2% digestible, dogs can better digest them compared to most dog foods which have an 85% digestibility.
- A healthy treat that only has two calories per piece
- No artificial flavors and is made with real peanut butter
- Made without soy, corn, or wheat
- Comes in a resealable pouch for on-the-go rewards or any time treat
With Zeke’s Naturals Training Dog Treats, your puppy can enjoy a fit and trim life because they’re so low on calories! Made with smooth peanut butter as its main ingredient, these soft and chewy treats are sure to be a hit with your furry friend.
Because it’s packed with vitamins and minerals, you can reward your pup without worrying that it might gain weight. Its resealable and convenient pouch will let you give out snacks and treats whenever your dog deserves them.
- Made in the USA
- Free from artificial flavors, colors, by-products, and preservatives
- Their recipe only uses 7 ingredients
- Hand-crafted and oven-baked in small batches
This delicious treat gives dogs the lip-smacking flavor of peanut butter, making it the perfect reward for good behavior. Merrick Oven Baked Dog Treats are crunchy peanut butter treats inspired by a homemade recipe that uses ingredients you can find in your own kitchen.
Made with just 7 all-natural ingredients, this great snack delivers a satisfying crunch that dogs of all ages will love. It’s also one of the healthiest peanut butter treats around since they’re 100% free of artificial ingredients, soy, wheat, and corn.
- All-natural treats baked into gingerbread man shapes
- Safe for dogs that may have allergic reactions
- Made in the United States without any additives and fillers
- Made with safe and healthy ingredients that you can give to your pooch guilt-free
Give your pal the treat it deserves with these Oven Baked Dog Peanut Butter Treats by Buddy Biscuits. Featuring a creamy texture and a peanut butter taste that your dog will love, each naturally-made bite has been made in the USA.
With simple ingredients and a great peanut butter taste, these treats offer a great way to train your dog and give them a great reward. Plus, these don’t contain any yeast, corn, salt, sugar, artificial colors, soy, preservatives, or flavors, making them a great option for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- Helps dogs with stress, hyperactivity, and nervousness to keep them calm
- Contains L-tryptophan and Sensoril Ashwagandha which help to promote relaxation
- Made with natural ingredients that make it a nutritious snack
- Helps to calm dogs during car rides, fireworks, and storms
Paw parents and their pups can now breathe with relief with these Peanut Butter Flavored Calming Bites from Zesty Paws. These supplements were developed to help dogs maintain healthy stress levels and reduce hyperactivity and nervousness. Each soft chew contains natural ingredients such as organic hemp seed powder, valerian root, magnesium citrate, organic passionflower, organic ginger root, and more to provide calming support.
Chamomile, L-tryptophan, and Ashwagandha all work together to keep your pooch calm, relaxed and focused even through separation, fireworks, thunderstorms, and other stressors.
- With only 5 calories per piece, these treats are a healthy reward and delicious snack
- Has a great taste that dogs will love
- Is a great choice for both small dogs and larger dogs
- Made with high-quality and real ingredients that you can smell and see
This poochie butter offers natural flavors and a crunchy version of the usual chews available at markets. Known as the safest peanut butter product, these 100% natural recipe treats are made with non-GMO ingredients and have no corn, soy, wheat, by-products, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. At only 5 calories in every treat, these snacks by Nutro Crunchy have great nutritional value and will be a good reward for dogs during training.
- Created and developed by veterinarians
- This large snack is your best bet for bigger dogs
- A good source of protein
- Made to maintain a dog’s connective tissue and healthy cartilage
If your dog is more than 40 pounds, be sure to treat your canine pal to these crunchy, yummy, peanut butter-filled biscuits. The Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint Biscuits for Dogs come in a large size and have been veterinary formulated to help your pet develop healthy tissues and cartilage and mitigate health problems.
These great snacks help to ease the discomfort of stiff joints and sore muscles, so your pup is sure to enjoy more fun times ahead with this power-packed supplement. Every 3.25-inch biscuit is bursting with the delicious peanut butter taste that your dog is sure to love.
- Contains honey that helps to boost energy levels
- Free from hydrogenated vegetable oils, palm oil, or stabilizers
- Won’t contain high fructose corn syrup or added
- A peanut butter spread that’s perfect for your puppy to enjoy
With the Bark Bistro Company Buddy Budder Ruff Ruff Peanut Butter, you can feed your dog with a tablespoon of peanut butter or through a lick mat. Made with real, wholesome ingredients such as wildflower honey and unsalted peanuts, this lickable dog treat comes from a highly-rated brand of peanut butter.
These are really good peanut butters to consider if you’re looking for the best overall peanut butter since they don’t contain xylitol, palm oil, stabilizers, corn syrup, or added salt and sugar. Instead, it’s full of antioxidants, vitamin E, protein, healthy fats, and more — plus, it’s made in the United States!
- Contains 20 nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to support various areas of health
- Full of glucosamine and omega fatty acids for joint and bone health
- Uses a natural peanut butter flavor that all dogs love
- One of the few brands of peanut butter that provides probiotics
All pet owners know that dogs love the taste of peanut butter — with PetHonesty 10-for-1 Multivitamins, your pup will get a treat and their daily dose of vitamins. This vet-recommended multivitamin has been designed to support your dog’s well-being and overall health through vitamin C, glucosamine, omegas, and other essential nutrients.
All of these ingredients work together to enhance coat, skin, heart, hip, and joint health as well as the immune system. With over 20 vitamins that support 10 areas of health, these soft chews also provide high value for your money, while being 100% free of GMOs and harsh preservatives.
- This premium ice cream mix for dogs uses only 5 ingredients
- Made with whole milk free from lactose to help with digestion
- A different type of peanut butter product that comes in powder form
- Made in the USA
Giving your dog this Peanut Butter Flavor Ice Cream by Pooch Creamery is a good idea! It contains only 5 ingredients, including real peanuts and lactose-free whole milk. So when you’re ready to serve up buttery goodness, simply scoop up a frozen reward after leaving it in the freezer for 8 hours.
- This 100% natural peanut butter is made with just 3 ingredients
- Because it’s completely spreadable, you can put it in peanut butter-safe dog toys
- Contains coconut oil that helps the immune system and digestive system
- Proudly made in the United States
With Nature’s Logic Peanut Butter Spread, you can give your pooch an exciting reward it won’t soon forget. While a lot of peanut butter products contain preservatives, artificial flavors, and synthetic ingredients, this one has none of them.
Using just three ingredients — coconut oil, chia seeds, and real peanuts — they pack a great texture and flavor that dogs go crazy for. As long as it’s not a choking hazard, you can use this peanut butter spread to fill their snack-friendly toys.
- Finley’s donates 50% of their profits to the community
- Made with natural ingredients such as peanut butter, coconut oil, and more
- Formulated using human-grade and high-quality ingredients
- Made in the United States with no corn, wheat, soy, or chemical preservatives
Your canine companion deserves this Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Crunchy Biscuit Dog Treat from Finley’s Barkery. In its ingredients list are superfoods like pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut oil, and oats, all of which will go down easier on your dog’s digestive system.
Without the presence of any bad ingredients, this is a safe treat for your pup that you can give guilt-free. As such, this treat is a wonderful way to train and reward your companion, no matter its size.
- Contains ingredients like melatonin and chamomile to keep your fur baby chill
- Can do wonders for high-energy dogs
- Free from any Xylitol and salts
- Formulated to calm your pup during travel, storms, and more
Through these Mount Ara Chill Peanut Butter Spread Dog Treats, you can reward your pup with natural peanuts that are free from Xylitol and salt. This spread is so tasty that it can be used as a topping for your dog’s favorite treats, bones, and toys, or can be used on its own.
To encourage a sense of relaxation at times of distress, it has been formulated with melatonin and chamomile. It also has the potential to send your pooch into a restful sleep after a day of spending energy.
- Made with 100% real ingredients
- Has only one source of protein — real peanut butter
- Made in the United States without any fillers or by-products
- Free of wheat for fur babies with food sensitivities
With Bocce’s Bakery Oven Baked Wheat Free PB & Banana Recipe Dog Treats, you can upgrade your canine companion’s reward time! These crunchy goodies come with limited ingredients — just peanut butter, banana, and oat flour.
Because they’re free of wheat, you never have to worry about unexpected tummy reactions. Plus, you and your partner can focus on peanut butter goodness without any by-products or fillers.
- Can easily break into smaller pieces for tiny pups, making them suitable for pups of all ages
- 100% plant-based alternative to meat that works for protein-sensitive puppies
- Uses all-natural ingredients without any kind of meat
- A healthy option that contains no GMO
These Halo Healthsome Garden of Vegan Oats, Peanut Butter & Banana Recipe Biscuit Dog Treats are 100% plant-based snacks that make for a perfect meatless option. Should your puppy have sensitivities to ingredients or you’re a paw parent living a meat-free lifestyle, this is a terrific option.
These great biscuits have a lip-smacking taste that any dog will love and are the best treats for training and rewards. You’ll also be happy to know that these contain no wheat, soy, corn, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
With treats as great as the ones above, there’s no longer a need to use the food processor to make peanut butter snacks for your pooch. Just be sure to check the nutrition label before buying any product to ensure the health and safety of your canine friend.
Moreover, it’s best to opt for sugar-free products or ones that use a healthy sugar substitute. The good news is that you don’t need to visit the grocery store since they are all available online on Chewy and Amazon.